Mirror, mirror, on the wall… who is the goofiest author of them all?
Last Saturday (November 19), I, along with other bookworms, had the incredible chance of meeting Peter Lerangis. Author of the Seven Wonders series.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Peter Lerangis is the author of more than 160 books, which have sold more than 5½ million copies and been translated into 33 different languages. These include nine New York Times Bestsellers: all five books of The Seven Wonders series (The Colossus Rises, Lost in Babylon, The Tomb of Shadows, The Curse of the King, and The Legend of the Rift); all of his contributions in the The 39 Clues series (The Sword Thief; The Viper’s Nest; and Vespers Rising , which was co-authored with Rick Riordan, Gordon Korman, and Jude Watson); and The Dead of Night, Book 3 in The 39 Clues: Cahills Vs. Vespers series.
— National Book Store (@nbsalert) November 19, 2016
3 thoughts while Peter was talking:
- He was probably the most enthusiastic/goofy author I have ever met.
- He’s also very sentimental.
- And he reminds me of Santa Claus 🎅
Since my phone was running out of space, I only got to record this short video of him:
Peter on what made him begin writing The Seven Wonders series
“What do I have to say that’s new about something that a million people have already written about? So one day I started with a story, I started with a story about kids who were isolated in an island in the middle of nowhere and they didn’t know why they were there…but the problem was I didn’t know why they were there either.”
Some facts about Peter Lerangis:
- He LOVES chocolate. Addicted to it.
- This is his second book signing here in the Philippines.
- He has a degree in biochemistry.
- He was an actor.
- He has visited lots of schools all over the world.
- He once ran a marathon during a major earthquake
- and rock-climbing too, but not on the same day.
- One of his favorite authors is Jules Verne.
- When asked what Filipino food he missed, I thought he’d say mangoes (like most authors), but his is Halo-Halo.
- He has a new adventure-science fiction series called “Max Tilt,” which will be released in 2017.
“Imagine! In each of us lies the potential to do superhuman things. Feats of great physical daring, art, science. The ability to defy laws of nature.”
― Peter Lerangis,
I got him to sign my brother’s name instead of mine since this is my birthday gift to him. (He doesn’t read my blog so it’s still a surprise. Lol) I asked him if he could write something for my brother who I am currently encouraging to read more.
He’s probably the jolliest and most energetic author I have ever met.